Did you know the recommendations for treatment of children and youth with ADHD varies depending on the patient’s age? The guidelines for treating young children with ADHD between the ages of 3 and 6 are to provide behavior therapy as the first line of treatment. In this video you will learn to:
• Appreciate the many factors that may influence the presentation of ADHD in young children
• Identify specific evidence-based parent and/or teacher administered behavior therapy options
• Describe the importance of tracking and monitoring patients throughout the treatment process
• Recognize when behavior therapy is not offering improvements
• Identify how to proceed with weighing the option of medication
Mary Margaret Gleason, MD is a pediatrician and child and adolescent psychiatrist specializing in infant and early childhood mental health and the integration of mental health services into primary care. Currently, she is the clinical director of two early childhood mental health consultation programs and has been training director or associate training director for child psychiatry and triple board for the last 10 years.
Her academic interests focus on the early identification of childhood mental health disorders, early childhood mental health disorders in high risk children, and mental health consultative approaches. She has developed a screening tool to identify young children at risk for mental health concerns and has coordinated an effort to define the evidence base related to preschool medications.
In addition to other leadership positions in child psychiatry and pediatrics, she serves on the American Academy of Pediatrics Early Brain and Child Development Leadership Workgroup, with colleagues she received the 2011 Norbert and Charlotte Rieger Award for Scientific Achievement and is on the editorial board of the Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
Latest posts by Psih. Mădălina Simion (see all)
- Infografic functiile executive - 15 May 2020
- Istoria intunecata a testelor de inteligenta – Stefan C. Dombrowski TED - 3 May 2020
- Frontal Assessment Battery (FAB): evaluarea disfunctiei executive in demente - 26 April 2020