ADHD relationships are complicated.
You may know a couple struggling with the effects of ADHD; you may be in a partnership affected by ADHD. You might also know the hurt feelings that come when ADHD symptoms cause forgetfulness, lost possessions or financial difficulties.
Psychologist Ari Tuckman has worked with many individual adults and couples affected by ADHD. He will discuss how executive function affects relationships and how deficits in executive function can bring difficulties to adult relationships, including:
• The challenge to do the right thing at the right time
• Filtering out distractions to communication
• Tools and ways of improving executive function to help relationships
Ari Tuckman, PsyD, MBA has given more than 250 presentations and does a popular podcast about ADHD and routinely earns excellent reviews for his ability to make complicated information understandable and useful. He is the author of three books: “Understand Your Brain, Get More Done: The ADHD Executive Functions Workbook”, “More Attention, Less Deficit: Success Strategies for Adults with ADHD” and “Integrative Treatment for Adult ADHD: A Practical, Easy-to-Use Guide for Clinicians”. He is a psychologist in private practice in West Chester, Pennsylvania.
Latest posts by Psih. Mădălina Simion (see all)
- University of Nottingham Psychiatric Interviews for Teaching: Somatisation, Self-Harm, Psychosis, Mania, Depression, Anxiety (video-EN) - 14 April 2019
- Evidence-based treatment for ADHD in young children (video EN) - 13 March 2019
- Complementary approaches to ADHD treatment (video EN) - 13 March 2019