Is your family struggling with some of the social and emotional relationship challenges that can accompany ADHD?
Get parenting strategies that may be useful to help enhance healthy family relationships from Dr. Gina Richman and Dr. Kristi Phillips of the Kennedy Krieger Institute’s Child and Family Therapy Clinic during this Ask the Expert webcast.
They will offer tips on:
• Improving communication with your child
• How and when to negotiate
• Giving effective directions that will be followed
• Being flexible during anxiety-provoking changes in family life
Whether you’re a parent of toddlers, pre-teens, or teenagers, you’ll leave this presentation with useful tools you can use right away and gain renewed inspiration from others who know what you’re going through.
Gina Richman, PhD, is the director of the Child and Family Therapy Clinic of the Kennedy Krieger Institute. She is a clinical psychologist with expertise in family therapy. To treat families, children and adolescents with behavioral concerns, she uses a range of therapeutic modalities including, structural, strategic, systems and cognitive-behavioral approaches. Dr. Richman utilizes an evidenced-based approach to her clinical work and in her supervision of the trainees in her clinic.
Kristi Phillips, PsyD, is currently the co-director of Clinical Services for the Child and Family Therapy Clinic at the Kennedy Krieger Institute’s Columbia, Maryland location. She also teaches a graduate course in Couples and Family Therapy at the Johns Hopkins University’s School of Education.
Latest posts by Psih. Mădălina Simion (see all)
- Infografic functiile executive - 15 May 2020
- Istoria intunecata a testelor de inteligenta – Stefan C. Dombrowski TED - 3 May 2020
- Frontal Assessment Battery (FAB): evaluarea disfunctiei executive in demente - 26 April 2020